Jaelynn Jenkins, Attorney at Law with Fetzer Simonsen Booth Jenkins, gave us a step-by-step guide on how to make an estate plan and how to apply it throughout the various stages of life. Jaelynn demonstrated the importance of all aspects of estate planning that includes wills, trusts, and power of attorney to name a few.
She also explained when an estate plan needs to be updated:
• Change in marital status
• Birth adoption of a child
• Significant change in financial status
• Significant change in tax laws
• Owning property in more than one state
• The death of a beneficiary
• Your incapacity or the incapacity of a dependant or loved one
• Desire to add or change beneficiary
For more information, see Jaelynn’s website at utahestateplanninglaw.com.